Date(s) - 26/05/2021 - 28/05/2021
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This three-day virtual training course given by a life trainer explains the basics of using popular project management methods, like PRINCE2®, PMP® and Polychor® in combination with the Scrum framework to manage projects in an agile way.
Participants will learn how the Scrum Product Owner and Scrum Master give Product Backlog items to one or more projects and how projects use these items to populate their Business Case. It shows the relationship between the Scrum role of Developer and Project Management Team roles.
This training course is in principle given in English but can also on demand be given in Dutch in German.
The training course can also be given as an in-company course to multiple groups in multiple locations at the same time.
A project management method uses specialist and management products, processes and themes. During this training course you will learn how to create and manage processes, themes, project products (deliverables), specialist products and management products in an Agile way using Scrum. You will learn how to use the Scrum roles of Product Owner, Scrum Master and Developer in combination with all project management team roles. All project management team roles will receive a Scrum role attribute.
This is a very unique course and the only course that truly shows the strength of integrating a project management method with the Scrum Framework. This course shows participants how a project management method can be used as a platform to manage multiple scrum teams. The training course is based on more than 20 years practical experience using project management methods and 10 year experience using Scrum.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved in managing or supporting a project using a project management method in combination with the Scrum Framework and multi-Scrum Teams that need to work together.
- To learn the basics of the Scrum Framework
- To learn the basics of Project Management methods
- To learn how to integrate the Scrum Framework into a project environment
- Introduction Scrum Framework
- Scrum Process Model, Roles, Artifacts and Events
- History and practical use of the Planning Poker technique for relative estimation
- Difference between traditionally driven organizations and Agile based organizations
- How Scrum Product Owners use projects to manage their Product Backlog
- Relationship Product Backlog, Release Backlog, Project Mandate and Business Case
- Using a project management method in an Agile way
- The Project Process Model using the Project Agile Trigger Map
- Managing the start-up of a project and its management products in an Agile way
- Project organisation theme – how to give project roles Scrum attributes
- Using the Business Case theme in an Agile way
- The initiation of the project and its management products in an Agile way
- Traditional Quality versus Agile Quality
- Plans versus Backlogs
- How to use Planning Poker to estimate plans
- Traditional Risk versus Agile Risk
- How to use Planning Poker to manage risks
- Managing Change in relation to minimum viable products (MVP)
- Daily management of a project in an Agile way
- Using product development in projects to manage any kinds and numbers of development teams
- How to control traditional and agile tolerances using management by exception
- Management stages versus Sprints
- How to close a project in a traditional and agile way
- This training is based on both theory and practice
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
Certificate of attendance
- Project-Scrum Event Manual with slides and exercises
- Project Agile Trigger Map
- Access to our virtual classroom environment
- PRINCE2 Foundation course
- Scrum PSM-I course
Er kunnen geen reserveringen meer worden geplaatst voor dit evenement.